Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hawaii

I remember very well the times I went on choir tour in high school. It was so much fun ~ and we went to such exciting places like IDAHO, and WASHINGTON. Hmmmm...things sure have changed!

Last spring, Paige and Laurel announced that they had both made it into Concert Choir at AHS for this year. At the same time, they joyfully shared how their choir was scheduling a trip for spring of 2009 ~ to none other than ~ HAWAII!

My first thought was, "no way!" My next one was, "won't you need a chaperone?!" As it turns out, yes, they will need some chaperones. We've even had offers from my adorable brother and sister-in-law to help chaperone as well! My brother, Nathan even went so far as to say he might be able to find a suitcase to fit into. Ha!!! If you've seen my brother, you'd be laughing hysterically! He's well over 6 feet tall. :)

So, the trip has been put onto the school calendar ~ it's official. Now, comes the work. Because the kids and I have done fundraising with our church for camp over the past 10 years, we thought it would be a good idea to help out the choir. Every summer, my kids have taken part in a car wash-a-thon. They've always made enough money to get themselves to church camp. Last year, P & L each raised $325! That would pay for almost 1/3 of the cost for the trip! Very cool. :)

The girls designed all the pledge sheets and receipts for the wash-a-thon. They've been working with their choir director to get each students' email to send out all of the information. And, P & L already made the call to Burger King to set up a time for the car wash. I just love seeing them take on projects like this ~ ALONE.

But, I didn't get out of it completely. Yesterday, the girls came home and gave me a letter from their teacher. "Sorry it's such short notice, mom." As I read the letter, it explained how this Wednesday, all of the parents are being asked to come for a travel planning meeting.

I guess that I'll go ~ it is HAWAII after all!

No comments: