Friday, September 5, 2008

Garage Sales

What's up with me and garage sales anyway. Honestly, I've only been to a handful this summer. One of them had a huge impact on our lives in July, but that's a different story for another time. Today on my way home with P & L, we passed a garage sale sign. Paige just had to point it out, of course. I really wanted to get home to work on school with the younger kids (they had stayed at home to begin their math and reading) Then I remembered that I'm learning to take time out and do things that aren't necessarily "in my schedule". :)

Good thing I listened to her! We found a Harley Davidson scooter for Quentin ~ only a few bucks. (his old one finally broke this week). She even had some in-line skates for sale in my size ~ also a few dollars. Now I won't have to borrow P & L's roller blades!

It turns out that the seller was my little kids drama teacher from this summer. She shared with the girls and I about how much she'd been blessed to have them in class every Wednesday. She also told us that time was spent at the beginning of every class to share stories of what the kids had done that week. Olivia, Claire, and Quentin always had a story to tell that included me and the girls, or my brother and his kids, or other close friends and family. She explained how that made her realize that our family was very loving and devoted to each other.

Wow, what a testimony! That made me feel so good. Of course, we talked about the goodness of God, and she was so happy for us and all the great blessings we've had. I'm sure we'll be keeping in touch ~ I just love meeting up with people that way!

No comments: