Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Friends and Facebook

Having teenagers brings a different perspective to my life as a mom. They find ways to reintroduce me to all the fun I had in high school ~ just with a high tech twist! Take Facebook for example. I've never been a big fan of any social networks for various reasons...until the girls showed me their friends on Facebook.

I was curious about what I saw, and agreed to let them make a profile. After a couple days they had all kinds of flair buttons, favorite books and songs, bumper stickers, you name it. Now, I was intrigued. This seemed to have a lot more personality to it than I had first thought.

You guessed it, I made my own profile. Now, I don't take time very often to hang out there, just like this blog! But, it's nice to have around. Every once in a while someone from my hometown will find me and send me a message, or a friend will send me a great piece of flair. In fact, I was very excited to find out tonight that my best friend just joined Facebook. I sent her some great pieces of flair! They will make her smile, just like I did when I saw her friend's request.

With all the heavy stuff going on in mine and my kids' lives right now, it's pretty cool to have something light-hearted!

Yay for friends and Facebook! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, Rachelle! My kids are using Bebo mostly, but I have had fun connecting with a lot of school friends on Facebook. It's amazing how quickly you can find someone who doesn't mind being found. Glad to hear the positive side of your current family life. Kaity would love to connect with the twins. She takes her driving test tomorrow. It's inevitable but feels really weird even though she's a safe driver.